Tuesday, January 13, 2015

SOS #184: Hide & Seek

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is Hide & Seek, and we want you to use a hidden element on your project.

I chose to CASE this card I saw on Pinterest, and here is my version:


This card is largely stash. The patterned papers were included free with an online order, and I chose to use them instead of putting them in with my 6x6 paper pads.

Since I'd used a green paper to pull out the green in the floral pattern, I went with a blue card stock for the panel under the white. It's a piece of Bazzill from my Miscellaneous Blues section that I thought was a pretty close match to the blue in the paper.

The embossing folder is one of the first ones I ever bought back when Shep was a pup, and while deciding which ones to keep and which ones to purge, I chose to use this one and put it in the Keep pile. 

I rounded the top corners, stuck the layers onto a white card base, and my card was done.

There's no stamping here, but I'm happy to have used an embossing folder I'd forgotten I had, and that it stands in as the sentiment. And I used an envelope die I've had for months! #bonus

Why not join us for our Hide & Seek challenge? Stop on over to the SOS post to check out the guidelines and see the projects of my fellow SOS ladies.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder, mystery patterned paper, Bazzill Sea Water card stock, and the following:




10 comments:

  1. Super cute idea with the envie and the Birthday folder. Love the blues you used. Fab. card. It was my first folder I got it before I even had a cuttlebug. Someone posted they bought a second one by mistake and offered it to the first person that commented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooh! now THAT is a boffo design!!! by which i mean, a design so good, it made me say "boffo" for what i believe is the first time ever in my whole entire life. and hopefully the last time b/c really WHO says "boffo"??!?! casey kasem?? i've become an obscure old school dj?!?!! it's a REALLY nice card, tho. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable design, and I love that the embossing is the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card. I was thinking what I can hide and what I can seek for this swap. I had these tiny paper bags on my desk not too long ago. Maybe I still have them. I think yesterday's card would have been good for hide and peek too. seek I mean. peek is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! I love yours soooooo much more than the Pinterest inspiration one! That pretty floral paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the printed papers, the colors are so engaging and you integrated them well into the overall design! I am glad you went with embossing, it work better, I think, than stamping...it is softer against the pastels in your pp. Very nicely done, as always!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one adorable card! Love your cased version of it, and now here's another embossing folder that I want. Will the madness ever end?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)