Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy Birthday And Stuff

The other day I spied my Stampendous Aged Aqua embossing powder, and I started playing around with it, hoping to end up with something passable. This is what came out:


I embossed two strips of card stock, one with the Stampendous Aged Aqua powder and one with plain gold powder, then trimmed them into banners. The top edge looked dumb, so I poked holes across the banners and sewed them with gold thread that made me remember why I don't like sewing with gold thread. At least it wasn't a lot of sewing.

For the sentiment, I stamped one of the birthday sayings from my Taylored Expressions Big Bold Birthday set in Versamark and embossed it with gold. I die-cut it into a circle, and also cut another circle the same size that I embossed with gold. I just offset the gold circle a bit for contrast.

The handsome sequins cover a mystery I-don't-even-know-what on the card front.

I added some gold & silver star washi tape down the sides before mounting the central panel on foam tape.

This card is very shiny, even though I can't seem to capture that easily with my crack photography skills. See:


and:


So much gold, and so much shiny. I'm going to need to play with the Aged Aqua embossing powder some more to see what else I can make with it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU gold embossing powder, Little B Gold & Silver stars washi tape, misc sequins, gold thread, and the following:





3 comments:

  1. So much shiny! I love it! I just ordered me some of that silver and gold star washi tape because... because Amazon Prime, Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love all of the glitter and shine. I need that washi tape, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! I love that sentiment to pieces. And the sequins to cover 'jeez what the hell is THAT?'....how half my embellies get on a card ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)