Saturday, January 10, 2015

Hero Arts Flickr Scramble 100

For the first time in a very long time I was on the ball enough to play the Hero Arts Flickr Scramble, and it's #100! What a milestone!

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


The challenge was to use our favorite Hero Arts image AND our favorite Hero Arts sentiment set.

I started with the Hero Arts Happy Birthday set, and I was going to use the hot air balloon, but instead I opted for the one you see here. I was going to paper piece, and this one involved less fussy cutting.

Papers are from the Basic Grey Aurora 6x6 pack. After I'd stamped and cut out the balloons, I stamped the sentiment from my favorite Hero Arts Big Hugs set. Love those fonts! Once I was sure it was stamped mostly straight, I glued on the pieced balloons.

I was following the no-longer-current Retro Sketches sketch:


so now I needed something for the center panel. I went into more-is-more mode and selected my favorite Hero Arts background stamp: Tiny Flags. I stamped it in Soft Pool, then again in Pale Tomato.

Where the sketch has a tab, I used a small banner in the same paper as one of the balloons. I added some Neat & Tangled sequins, and called it done.

I had to trim the card a little to fit the background panel, but only about 3/8".

This was a great challenge, and I used some old favorites. So fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Neat & Tangled sequins, SU 2-way Glue Pen, and the following:



5 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the double stamping on the background, and fussy cutting for a scramble..brave woman. Its a sweet birthday card. So glad you made it to the scramble. I slept in this morning and woke up 45 minutes into it, but I gave it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! Glad you got to play. I missed it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the elements of this card work sooo well together. You made great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! I thought that background was a patterned paper, but you made it all by your little lonesome. Great job with that and great job on the card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)