Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy Birthday

One of the sketches I ponder each week is the Wednesday Card Sketch challenge at Splitcoast.  I subscribe to the email notification for their sketch challenge thread so it lands in my InBox each week as a reminder, and that's so helpful. We all know I need more challenges to play. :)

Here's this week's SCS sketch challenge:


and my card:


My MME Milo 6x6 paper pack was still out on my desk, so I chose a few paper remnants to make this. The sentiment was stamped in Hero Arts Navy ink onto a white remnant and trimmed to fit.

There's not really much else to say - well, except that I think the diagonal stripes should go in the other direction. ;/

I'm also entering this in the current CAS-ology challenge:


and the current Male Room challenge of New Beginnings (I think a birthday is a new beginning).

Now my Milo paper has been put away, and I've played a few more challenges. I'll be back shortly. :)

Thanks for stopping by!






9 comments:

  1. I like all the patterns you put together; the dots just look great with all the lines and diamonds. Great way to soften things a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this yesterday but a shiny thing distracted me. I like the muted colors and the patterns. Mucho Excelante!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in this week in TMR - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the papers you've used on the birthday card - just right for a guy. Thanks so much for playing along with TMR this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Leslie! What date couldn't be more important then a birthday!! Great interpretation of the cue card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, with Kymona, a birthday is a very important date for sure! I love the mix of patterns on our card..very nicely coordinated. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job combing those pattered papers! Love your card, Leslie! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hadn't thought of a birthday as a new beginning but of course it is! Great use of patterns.Thanks for joining us in The Male Room
    Louise xd

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)