Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Striped Thanks

I had a crafty play day on Monday, and I managed to tackle a few challenges. One of the challenges on my list was this one from Always Playing With Paper:


Check out those colors! Right up my personal rut. Wow, that sounded really bad. Let me just say I made more than one card with this color scheme, so you'll see it again, very soon.

Here's the card that follows the colors AND the sketch:


I got the idea for the stripes from this card I saw on the MFT blog.

All I did was cut strips of three colors of card stock into three widths: 1/8", 1/4" and 3/8", then stacked them onto a white strip of card stock.

The Thanks die was a free one we got at Stampaway last year because we shopped at the Taylored Expressions booth. We're a pretty easy group to please.

You'll see me back in a day or so with another card with these colors. I kinda like them. A lot.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Basic Black card stock, free Thanks die from Taylored Expressions, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. Great pops of color, love the graphic look of this card...and oh my gosh...all that white space...

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous graphic look and CAS design x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We thank you to keep those stories of your personal rut to yourself. Great design and self made stripes and your column of stripes go up straight and not at a wonky angle on accident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! I love your panel of colors and love the clean look you created too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this clean and graphic card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER clean and Graphic, WAY TO GO!!! Love the bright colors and clean card!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the clean and graphic look to your card! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)