Friday, January 9, 2015

Do What You Love

Moving on in my list of challenges, I played the current Deconstructed Sketch:


and made this:


Why yes, you do see those Fancy Pants True Friend paper again. This sketch would be great for double-sided paper, which sadly this is not. I cut off the corner of the green piece and added a piece of the orange. Don't forget to round the corner of the orange piece before you stick it down. *ahem*

For the flourish-y part of the sketch I chose to use one of my MFT mini doilies and put a white circle in the center for a sentiment. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Once again I was on the hunt for a teeny tiny sentiment that fit in the available real estate. I chose a sentiment from a Paper Smooches set that has the three words you see in the circle and a scripty love. The three words fit nicely into the circle, but I had a challenge with the scripty love part of the sentiment. To work, it really needed to overlap the doily, and that wasn't happening with a stamp.

Plan B: use the love word from a die set. YES! I used the Simon Says Stamp Small Love You and it was perfect. It was even about the same size as the stamp. I cut it a few times from white and once from a paper in the paper pack, layered them, and they looked great. I did have to shift the whole thing up and left for things to fit. I also trimmed down the card to 4 1/4 x 5.

After I did all of that, it still looked like it wanted something more, so I trimmed a sliver of paper and added it under the scripty love. The whole thing was mounted on a Hero Arts Wet Cement card base.

It's safe to come out now. I've put away that paper pack, and I promise I'll use something else for a bit. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do what I love and go make some more cards.

Thanks for stopping by!





4 comments:

  1. I used that same love die today.

    My crafting area is in shambles, I have to make hubs some lunch, proof read a handful of pages, host a poker tournament, and then just then I might get to make another card. What has all this got to do with your card...well I've spent a bit of time with you today visiting your blog posts, and I thought I would chat up a bit. Its cold out and I have a touch of cabin fever is likely the real reason!

    I like that your version is not a square card...not sure why but square cards bug me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They need to make more sentiments that fit well in circles. That's my theory. I really like this card and how you faked the double-sided-ness of that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love your sentiment placement and that fantastic doily! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)