Saturday, January 17, 2015

Love Struck

Today is laundry day. Don't be too impressed, like I have a schedule or anything crazy like that. Since I've retired, I've found I need more pairs of blue jeans. When I run out of clean blue jeans, it's time to do laundry. Today I used that excuse to run the washer and put off the morning shower. Momma needs good water pressure.

While I was waiting, I went into the craft room to tackle the latest round of challenges, and I found a mostly-finished card I'd started last night. So that's the first card I'll share today. Here it is:


This is for the current MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge:


I started with that piece of plaid paper from my MME: A Mother's Love 6x6 paper pack, and I used the colors to dictate my ink color. I then dug out one of my unloved MFT stamp sets and stamped the sentiment and target with SSS Coral Reef and trimmed them to fit. And yes, I want to put a hyphen between those two words.

I layered the white panel onto another piece of paper from the pack and mounted the whole thing to a white base using foam tape.

I was hoping the plaid might make this more masculine, but I'm not so sure now. Maybe it's the colors. This one will probably go into my OWH box in the loooooove section. :) Someone will like it. I hope.

I have several more cards to share, and unless I decide to clean something (hahahahahaha), I'll be back soon with another challenge card.

Thanks for stopping by!




7 comments:

  1. Cleaning? HAHAHAHHA! You are sooooo funny!!!

    Awesome card, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, look at the new look to your blog! Bobra, Washi tape and cards are some of your favourite things all right. Nice! Your card is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Digging the plaid--and the colors--makes me think of warmth vs. this winter thing now! Lol. Thanks for joining us on this week's sketch Leslie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do laundry on the weekends because that is when I'm not at work. Really hubby should do laundry. He gets home 1.5 hours before I do and most of the clothes are his. WTH? Does he do multiple costume changes a day? Anyway, this is a wacky color combo. I like the design but I find the colors odd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, laundry day here too...soon as hubs is down to 4 socks, its time! Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect way to take the dreary out of laundry day. And I love the result!

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)