Thursday, August 11, 2011

Another Sketch Challenge (SCS345)

It's been a rough night here in the Crooked household. Not only am I sleep-deprived from getting up at O-Dark Thirty this morning so I could be at my desk by 6:30 am (whine, whine), I have had several craftastrophes in the Captains Quarters AND I am being enabled by my Tweeps to buy pretty, shiny things. A rough, rough night.

After a break to re-catch my breath and nerves, I went back in to take this project by the horns and was successful, or at least *I* think so. I started with this week's Splitcoast sketch challenge:

and finally produced this:

I started with the Beau Chateau DSP (there's that spelling thing again), and this time I used the blues since we used the pink + brown last month. Oh, did I mention I'm still working on projects for this weekend's Stamp Camps? Well, I am.

Anyway, I selected FOUR different papers from the pack and layered a few of them with Marina Mist (so pretty) for contrast. The sentiment is from the Happiest Birthday Wishes Hostess set. (Oh, look, I stamped it crooked.) I thought about filling that big empty under the sentiment with a flourish of some sort, but ended up using some bling that I colored with a brown Sharpie. I think pearls would go better, but I'm all out, forgot to order more, and we've used them many months in a row (which is why I'm all out), so I thought I'd try these for a change.

One thing I'd like you to notice is the border between the papers:

I was going to layer a piece of blue paper over the seam, but instead I punched the top layer to add a little something-something and not need anything to cover it. I sponged some Soft Suede ink on it to make it stand out, then kept going and sponged around the whole thing.

The bow isn't tied. Nope. It's just folded over, then stuck between the prongs of the Antique brad, which was then stuck through the layers of card stock and folded over to secure the whole thing. I think for The Ladies who are not happy with me and my love of ribbon, this will be a nice alternative to tying a bow. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to bed before I fall aslee ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(Thanks for stopping by.)

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love this so, so, so, sooooooooooooooooooooo much! The soft color palette, the beautiful non-tied bow, the vintagey feel. Absolutely STUNNING!!!! One of my faves of yours EVAH!!!

    ♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE IT!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! love the marina mist & soft suede together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty....love the colors and the papers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, L! Gorgeous button and ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review, I like your site.

    Zojirushi Bread Maker

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)