Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Distressed over Distressing

Did you ever start out to make one thing and end up with something completely different? Yeah, that's me every day! Tonight, while blurfing for inspiration for this weekend's Stamp Camp projects, I found this card and I thought, "Hmmm, I could do that."

I went looking for an open flower image, and I didn't find one I liked, so I morphed that into "it doesn't have to be a flower!" and ended up with the Timeless Treasures set in my hand.

Then I got the idea that I could open and use my Distressing Essentials kit that I bought a while ago. Hmmm... After some futzing around, I made this:

Totally NOT a Leslie card. The 3/4" strips of paper are Peach Parfait, Lucky Limeade and Pool Party. I cut a scrap about 1/8" narrower than the 3 strips combined, then stuck the strips all down to that so they became one piece and it was easier to stamp on them. I randomly stamped the shoe in Old Olive ink. THEN, I took the Tea Stain spot (1" ink pad) and inked around the edges of everything. I suppose if I'd been thinking clearly, I could have also inked the edges of the strips before I stuck them down.

The flower is made from two 5-Petal punches, wrinkled up, spread back out, and inked with the Tea Stain ink:

That's one of the Antique brads in the center, and I wrapped its ends around that Vanilla seam binding bow. It's kinda heavy, so I stuck some glue dots under it so it stays put.

Leave it to me to take something clean & simple and make it hard. I think I'll go do an easy version of this with a flower stamp to see if I can even DO clean & simple. Sigh.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. A 1" distress SPOT?! How tiny. But at least it provided you enough ink to create this beauty. Love the color combo. And your fleur is divine! Those brads are gorgeous. I'm hoarding mine. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)