Sunday, August 21, 2011

Flying Monkeys!

I liked this week's CPS Card Sketches sketch:

Well, actually I like most of them, but I found time to DO this one ... Anyway, somewhere in this card is the sketch:

I wanted to use some of my Graphic 45 Halloween papers - Wizard of Oz theme this year - and I chose the Flying Monkey panel for this one. The ghost paper is the reverse side and the green checks are the revers side of another piece. I had a hair-brained idea to use my SU Pennant Punch for the three side elements instead of rectangles, and, well, the jury is still out. Maybe it's the purple that's wrong. Hmmm ...

Anyway, I blew the sketch when I decided the top was boring and nekkid. I added a strip of last year's SU black lace (yum!) and stamped EEP! with my Lawn Fawn letters onto a piece of the same patterned paper, punched them out with a 1/2" circle, and matted them on 3/4" black circles.

I dedicate this to all my peeps who are afraid of monkeys, and there are quite a few of them! Not that they'll be reading this post, though. Oh, well.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome take on the sketch even if you did add a little something at the top! Love the monkey panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and love that dp! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card!! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those monkey's are too fun! and i love the "eep!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAH - I can HEAR you, you know - I'm right here!!!

    Actually, this is one of my favorite cards you have ever made!!

    It truly shows off the evil little beasts for what they are!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)