Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hambo Hoedown #28 - It's A Sketch

Time for another Hambo Hoedown challenge! This week we got this cute image (free if you played last week and remembered to email them your card image):

A cutie-patootie hedgehog! And here's the sketch they gave us:

I printed off two images like I do every week. Why? It's easier; wastes less card stock; if I like my card I can easily make another one; and more truthfully: I always mess up, so I need a back-up. Case in point:

Darling, no? I went in search of DSP remnants to use and found this piece from the 12x12 MASSIVE Sweet Pea stack from SU (long-retired). I thought HOW CUTE with this little guy standing amongst the flowers. But I had to cut him out, and I did. Every. last. hair.

Post-assembly, as I grinned at my accomplishment, I glanced to my right and saw the sketch I'd printed and failed to follow. NOW do you see why I print two images?!?!?!?! Sigh. I need a keeper.

I went back in and made this one:

Better. Sigh.

In other news, I skipped the market this morning, so there will be no pictures of fruits and veggies. I have my Stamp Camps tomorrow and I'm so far behind with things that I just needed a day to catch up. So yeah, I made cards.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to vacuum and cut up card stock and find the tops of my tables. Then I'll reward my efforts by making more cards. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me laugh! But this time I panicked as I had forgotten to email my card in - so thanks for the reminder!
    Cute cards - how patient of you to cut all the hairs on hedgie!
    I thought of you as I was at our Farmer's Market today - a very small FM. But I came away with pie, bread, 'maters, and cukes! no dogs, no flowers, no crafts - Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy IS a cutie-patootie! Both cards look FAB to me. I love Love LOVE the way you made the flower scene out of DSP & that gorgeous woodgrain is gorgeous. ;o).

    P.S. Vacuuming! What's that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, I love both of your cards. The first one looks so cute with flower scene.I like the patterned paper & the die cutframe in the second one. Glad you play with us every week. I love seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both adorable! I love the DP in the second one too and the lacy square. Thanks for joining in the hoedown again :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)