Saturday, August 27, 2011

Clean & Simple 155 (Not)

I need to give it up. Not stamping (no no no), but the C&S sketches. WHY WHY WHY am I incapable of keeping things C & S?

Here's a perfectly good sketch from the Clean & Simple blog:


and look what I did with it:

I blame my addiction to Basic Grey papers. This card started with the sketch and a pack of sparkly bird stick-ons that I got from Impress. (Impress is evil and enabling.) I thought I'd flip the sketch and use the horizontal element as a perch, so I did. And I stamped the sentiment (A Muse) where is was supposed to be. Then things went South.

The left side of that black strip looked nekkid, so I die-cut two sets of flowers with one of my SU Sizzlits and attached them with a yellow brad. Then I realized I'd forgotten the three circle elements in the sketch, so forgetting that I'd flipped it, I added more flowers - one with a button and two with liquid pearls in the centers.

Not even close. Oh, I like it just fine, but I can't link this to their blog. Geez.

I'm off to stamp some more. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. ok, yeah, possibly this would *NOT* ruled admissable by a C&S purist... but that does not stop me from thinking it's one of the coolest things you've ♥♥♥EVER MADE♥♥♥! (well DUH it's pink and floral with A BIRD and a gazzillion layers!) could use more bling, mebbe, but otherwise a STELLAR effort!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)