Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mojo Sketch 202

Another challenge. This time I went for the Mojo Monday sketch, even though a new one comes out tomorrow. Here's last week's sketch:

What got me interested in doing this one? The three elements here:

They made me think about FINALLY making a card with three loops of ribbon in red, orange and pink. Did I accomplish this? No, I did not, but I did make this instead:

By now most of you know I don't generally do froo-froo, so this doily paper has had me stumped. But I went with it, and ... well, there was a lot of futzing. OMG, it's (gah) PINK! HOW did I miss this? Sigh.

Anyway, the DSP is the SU Flirtatious Specialty paper. Card stock is White and Rose Red. Doily thing is from the Perfect Pennants Bigz L die. Punches: 1 3/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle, and Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer. Bird is from the Best of Everything set; sentiment is from the Short & Sweet set. Ink: black and Rose Red. Ribbon is white taffeta. (Oh, look, they are all different lengths. I totally meant to do that.)

And because my photography skills sucketh, you can't see the texture on that white piece, so let me help you:

Can you see it? No? Well, you'll have to trust me, then. I ran it through the Big Shot with a floral texture plate. I did. No, really.

I think I need a nap now. :) Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I might go back and add pearls to the scallop piece. Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I made a card with this sketch last week, but the "pennants" had me stumped at first; I changed mine to buttons (I'll post later this week.)

    Leslie and PINK? Well, I think your card is terrific, a great use of that new SU 3-in-1 punch that I am trying NOT to buy, and a nice use of that elegant die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card ♥♥♥♥

    I also participated in this sketch. Here is my card:
    http://prinzessinn.blogspot.com/2011/08/mojo-monday-202.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)