Friday, August 5, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock #32 - Shape Up

I think those Jingle Belles are trying to kill me. This week's challenge is to make a shaped card, and rectangles or squares don't count. Lauren and Stef, aka: The Jingle Belles, outdid themselves, so for me to make a plain old round card, or a triangle, or whatever, would just be wrong. I needed something a little different, so I went hunting for just the right thing. I might have found it with this:

It's a beanie gift card holder that I found here on Splitcoast. I not only read the directions, I watched the video, and then I made one. I, of course, didn't do it the same way as the instructions, because, well, that would be boooring, right?

I didn't use pretty paper; instead I used plain old red card stock and ran it through the Big Shot with an impressions plate. For the band, instead of a piece of card stock and a strip of decorative paper, I took the hard road and chose to use felt. I stuck it to a piece of card stock for stability, then tried to cut the top edge with scalloped scissors ... well, at least it's not plain, there's that.

Here it is open:

Ta-da! A faux gift card inside! It's kinda cute, I think. Oh, those buttons were added at the end; I decided the whole thing was very blah without patterned papers, so I added some buttons for color and called it done.

I'm anxious to see what everyone else will cook up for their shaped cards. Why don't you play along? Hmmm? :)

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. GAHHHHHHH!!!! I love this! ♥ ♥ ♥ Totally and unabashedly LOVE it!! So adorably sweet. *sigh* It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! The buttons are cut, but my fave is the "pompom" on the top of this cap. Info on it, por favor? Oh, sorry - that's my SoCal roots showing - I mean, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suehttp://randomonpurpose.typepad.comAugust 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM

    Okay, I'm typing slower than my brain goes, sorry... I meant to say the buttons are cute, not cut...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Leslie...how about you just delete everything, and I'll quit typing now? Doh! (I mean well...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable ... I always need some gift card holders, so may have to make a few of these myself for the nieces & nephews ... love the texture of the embossing and felt and the buttons and pompom are such great touches ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest shaped card ever! Those buttons are so stinkin' cute! AND the fuzziness just makes it (especially the pom pom; it's just too clever!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! You know how I love different ways to send a gift card. Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh holy ♥WOWZERS♥ what a fabulous shaped card AND i love that it's g/c holder AND i totally TOTALLY looOoooOOooove the felt and the buttons! (& the embossing... and the twine... and the little bobbly thingie on top that's also felt!) :) ♥♥♥♥♥, missus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute. I know I have the directions for this stored SOMEwhere...now I'll have to find them and try one for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!! Those buttons do add a great touch to the hat but I'm with Sue, I love the tassel you put on top of the hat! Fantastic card Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Squeal! This is so adorable, Leslie! I love it! I am a beanie wearin' fool in the winter and I would wear this one in a heartbeat! I love it! The buttons are a perfect addition and that pom pom? Caa-ute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, this is so cute, I love it. Apparently you were not too intimidated by the challenge, you made a perfect and original shaped card for it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)