Friday, August 19, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock #34 - Fall To Layout (Not)

This week's Jingle Belles Rock challenge is a sketch from the Clean & Simple blog:


We were asked to make a holiday card following this sketch, and to keep it Clean & Simple. Well, I failed at the C&S part. I followed the sketch, but I used really busy papers, so it's all ... not C&S. See:

(Sorry about the glare.) I did follow the sketch, but I chose poorly with the papers, which are from the Basic Grey jovial 6x6 pack. Oh, it's a perfectly fine card, I just can't submit it as a Clean & Simple card. I shall try again this weekend.

I think you should play, especially since you can also post your card over at the Clean & Simple blog this week aaaaand because there's a prize being offered, too. Go to the Jingle Belles blog and check it out!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. VERY pretty!! Love those BG papers (with your choice of focal images), the MFT die, and just a touch of ribbon. So very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just too funny ... Lauren & I both had a CAS fail before we landed our sample cards in the post ... and I had mine after Lauren warned me about hers, so obviously I'm a slow learning ... love your fun design nonetheless ... awesome holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a little busy but I love these papers. I just can't get in the Xmas card making mood when it's so hot outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! can i just say HOW HAPPY i am that i'm not the only one who thinks, "ok, C&S if i use JUST PAPER, i can do this" but then overcompensates with the PATTERN part of the "just paper"!

    wait'll ya see my "fail"... it's a gorgeous card (LIKE THIS ONE, missus!!!) but it's just not C or S!!! :) i actually loooooove the patterns on this and i find it to be a ♥FABULOUS♥ sketch card! wish we could have TWO inlinkz this week, it'd be fun to compare people's different VERSIONS!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It might not be a CAS card - but it is a really festive Christmas card - love the papers!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)