Friday, August 19, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock #34 - Fall To Layout (Maybe)

I'm back for attempt #2 at this week's Jingle Belles Rock challenge. They've teamed up with the fine folks at Clean & Simple and gave us this sketch:

We were asked to follow the sketch and keep it Clean & Simple. Well, I failed with my first attempt, so here's my second try:

I used some retired SU papers and for the circle elements ... I cheated. Yeah, instead of circles, I cut out some of the holly in the paper. I thought by keeping all those elements the same it would look less busy, aka: Cleaner & Simpler.

Eh, not my best work, but I'm okay with it. Time to move on to do a few more challenges I've earmarked for the "do these some day" pile. Hopefully I'll have something to show you later this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Love how you used the holly leaves as design elements in the sketch ... so very clever ... thanks for creating with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. I like the colors and the composition, you done good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the DSP you used, its one of my absolute favs! I also like how you used the holly shapes instead of circles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color combination, the dark red and gray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooooooh! ok, i don't think it's CHEATING to use holly instead of circles... i mean it's called a "sketch" and not a "LITERAL" right? small shapes echoing a larger one, you haz them! :) plus i love that the holly leaves tie in with the holly circle. and i totally ADORE these papers, they are really gorgeous just on their own AND for doing a more C&S vibe since they have such soft shades and subtle patterns! big, big WIN, missus!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You haven't cheated - the sketch has been adapted! I do like the holly and it has a more CAS feeling! I really like it Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your interpretation of the sketch! Your papers are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)