Friday, August 19, 2011

One More Sketch

Last weekend I pulled out a piece of really pretty paper (is there really any other kind?) and decided it went perfectly with So Saffron card stock. Then I looked at it. Then I looked at it some more. Then I showed it to Marianne (of RuffHaven), and she suggested I sit and look at it a little longer, and it would come to me eventually.

It's been almost a week, and when I started pondering my plan to use this sketch from Eat, Sleep, Stamp:

it hit me! BONK! I just made this:

See how that blue/green paper with the yellow feathers goes perfectly with the So Saffron paper? I decided to just use Vanilla as the other elements to not detract from the perfect pairing. I stamped one of my neglected irreverent sentiments (from River City Rubber Works) in black onto vanilla, and cut it with a Nestabilities square - just a boring old square. I cut the longer vanilla strip a bit wider than the square, and ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder. Lastly, I ran a line of sticky tape across the bottom of the papers, folded some vanilla taffeta along it, then sewed it down. Done!

I kinda like it.

I have been a lurker at the ESS site for about 142 of the 143 challenges - long time. This may be the first one I've played. Days off can be good for the stampy soul! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. duuuuuuuuude! you are SOOOOO the challenge maven now! how awesome is that?! i love♥LOVE♥looooove that peacock paper... and that sentiment is FAB!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Leslie!! Your card couldn't have been more perfect for the day I had today. LOL! Love, love, love this sentiment. So glad you had a chance to play along with this weeks sketch. Your color combo is beautiful too!!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)