Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sneaky Peeky Box

I got my SU Holiday Mini catalog pre-order goods yesterday, and may I just say SQUEEEE! *ahem* We aren't allowed to show you any actual products, but we CAN show you things we've made with the new products. Want a sneak peek?

One of the new offerings is a scoring tool. OMG, you know how I don't do 3D stuff (no room, etc.)? Well, let me tell you, this thing is DA BOMB! Lookie what I just made:

It's a 2-5-7-10 box, which is just like a 2-4-6-8 box, only a little bigger. I made this out of some new DSP, and it's gorgeous, as you can see. (And I don't "do" Christmas, remember?) Here's a few details:

After I scored the lines, I used the SU Scallop Trim Border punch along the top edge, then I trimmed the scallops off the flap that would go inside:

I tested it, and yeah, they don't line up very well, so save yourself the hassle.

Next, I punched a window out of the front panel and lined it with a piece of acetate:

I'd make the acetate piece a little bigger next time so it's easier to tape without leaving residue behind. Mine is 2" square for this Curly Label punch; I'd make it 2 1/4" next time.

Here's the assembled box with some ribbon:

That's some new quilted ribbon. Sooo nice to work with! Then I went all crazy-like and decided to add one of the new buttons, too:

So, once again, here's the finished project:

Nice, huh? Think Halloween papers for giving candy to co-workers. Uh-huh. Or pretty Fall papers for Thanksgiving place settings. Yep. All sorts of possibilities. Oh, and for any of my customers who are reading this: there's a Buy 3, Get 1 Free DSP special this month. How convenient, I KNOW!

Okay, I think I'll go play some more. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. How cute is THIS?!!? Do they have replacements if you lose the tool? I love my MS Scoring Board. but I lost the tool & don't wanna buy a new board just to get the tool. :/

    Anyway....

    LOVE the new ribbon!!! Must. Hoard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um,this is considered freaking ADORABLE! andyeah, that ribbon thing... um... MUST have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the ribbon and I love your treat box! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great treat box! Thanks for the tutorial, I really want to try this :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)