Friday, August 19, 2011

Hambo Hoedown #29 - What's The Score

This week's Hambo Hoedown challenge is What's The Score, where we were asked to include scoring on our card. Can you even believe I remembered that?! Like before I made my card?

This is the image we got (free, if you remembered to email them your card last week):

A geranium! Simple, sweet, sooo not me. It's a challenge, right? So I went into one of my cabinets in search of papers, and I found one of those 12x12 pieces with 4 different patterns on it, each 6x6. I used about half the sheet to make this:

Blue ribbon? Yeah, there's blue in the design. :) Did you notice I die-cut that shape? I DID! My replacement Big Shot arrived today and it is sweeeeeeeet. I am so happy I don't need to suffer the weekend without one. (dependent much?)

Oh, the scoring - yes, it's scored:

I scored it on the diagonal every 1/2 inch, and only in one direction. With the busy pattern I thought one direction was enough.

The orange-ish layer behind the geranium and also the larger mat layer is the reverse side of the paper. Perfect match!

So get your scoring tools out and come join us over at the Hambo Hoedown!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This one is very pretty! That background paper has such a nice pattern to it and the flower is so pretty. I'm glad your replacement Big Shot arrived - I'd hate to do with out mine for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to score the patterned paper. Very nice. Thanks for playing at the Hoedown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic DP! And the scoring is a nice touch...great idea! Love how you colored the image.

    Thanks for playing at the Hoedown! Hope to see you back next week!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)