Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Pennant Card

Earlier this month I made this card for the first Mini VSN challenge on Splitcoast:


I liked that I used the Berry Blossoms papers and my new Petite Pennants Builder punch. But I realized I had no current SU alphabet (I used a Lawn Fawn alphabet set for that card), so I couldn't use this as a Stamp Camp card. Unless ...

I went searching and discovered* the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers set on p 170, and included it with my expedited (ahem) Holiday mini pre-order. Now that I have it in hand, lookie:

Yee-hah! The Ladies can make their pennants say anything they want them to! I love that! I changed out the sentiment for one of the Curly Cute words, and I also did not use brads here between the pennants**. I'll give The Ladies the option to use them or not.

Okay, I still have more cards to think up for next weekend, but it's not Saturday midnight yet, so there's LOTS of time. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

* In one of David Sedaris' books, he said he would never date anyone who "discovered" a restaurant currently listed in the phone book.
**Since SU came out with these pennant punches and stamps, I've learned how to spell it (with two n's). I also think they secretly want to torture us with spelling based on some of the names for the In Colors and other new colors the past few years: Blue Bayou? Calypso Coral? Soft Suede? Pink Pirouette? I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)