Sunday, August 21, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch # 61

My brain is still mis-firing - I don't know what's going on, but I wish it would stop. For example, I decided to do this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, and I didn't realize they gave us two sketches - one for page layouts:


and one for cards:
So I did the page layout on a card:

When I first saw the (page) sketch, I got all excited because I thought I'd use my stack o'washi tape that I bought and have never used, mostly because I didn't buy the coordinating papers, so they go with nothing I own. HOWEVER, they do go with white. :)

I started out with that white MS doily tag, but I set it aside and stuck on a piece of each of the three washi tapes on the bottom of the card front. I decided that SU Pool Party was a close enough match for the greenish tape, so I cut that with one of my scallop circle Nestabilities for a layer under the doily.

Now I needed a Waltzingmouse stamp for this to qualify. Well you now what? I have 3 or 4 sets of WM Nestie-friendly stamps, and one of them is for the Classic Circles. I measured the inside of the MS doily tag and lo & behold - one of them fit! I was saved! Of course, I needed to add more than a silly circle, so I stamped one of the pretty shapes from the set across the green washi tape, too.

The sentiment in the circle is from a PTI set, and since it looked lonely, I stamped the same pretty shape over it with stamped-off SU Regal Rose. Eh, not my favorite, but it's better than plain old white.

The buttons are from a bottle of PTI buttons I got a few years ago.

This was fun! Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and I loved reading your description of how you made your card. How funny that your papers went with nothing but white! You did a great job coming up with stamps to qualify for the WM challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting and awesome picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use the washi tape with this sketch! Adds so much color and whimsy to this cheery card. Love the sentiment inside the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lots of washi tape too, but alas - it sits and I only admire it, and haven't used much of it yet. Your creation today has inspired me to actually use that stuff! I love your take on this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a super card - lovely soft, subtle colours and I really like the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used washi tape on your card. I typically use my tape as layers beneath ribbon and trims, but I love how it looks are the main focus. I must try this! Thanks for sharing your idea with us and for playing along at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice card! I love the soft colors with the dollie and washi tape :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to use washi tape! I have only a full rolls, but haven't taken the plunge to use them yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, LOVE your washi tapes!! What a FUN card :)
    Thanks so much for playing with the Mischief Makers this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)