Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kimono CASE

When I get home from the Day Job, I like to spend about an hour blurfing through the blogs of some of my fellow Demos to see what they've made while I was chained to my desk. I do this mostly for ideas and inspiration, because I almost never totally CASE someone else's card.

The other day I saw this card and video on Dawn's blog and I knew I had to try it. Here's my version:

I used a piece of long-ago retired SU DSP (I have a ton of it - no surprise there) for both the kimono and the belly band:

I used one of our button Sizzlits to cut out 4 buttons from some Brushed Gold paper and glued them all together, then tied some retired gold cord around the black satin ribbon and through the button to secure the ribbon.

I added a little something extra to the inside of my card, though:

A money/gift card pocket! And it's plain vanilla, so you can write a message on it. I was just playing around with this one - I'm not crazy about those rounded corners - I think I'll leave them square next time.

Aaaaaand, it fits perfectly inside the kimono when it's closed - right up to the collar, so none of it shows:

I kinda like it. Added bonus: It fits in an A2 envelope. :)

Now go watch Dawn's video and then try this yourself. Easy-peasy. I suspect it will make an appearance at my November Stamp Camps, just in time for the holidays.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)